Friday 8 December 2017

Continuous experiments between creating compositions

Throughout the process of resolving and refining my work, although I've been creating several larger compositions, I am consistently experimenting throughout sketchbooks in order to make my next piece the best it can possibly be. This therefore means that I am progressing and moving forward each time.

All these experiments range from sketch book size of A5 to A3 containing different materials and mixed mediums in each one.

(1)

(2)

(3)

(4)

(5)

(6)

(7)

(8)

(9)

(10)

(11)

(12)


1,3,5,9,10,12 - All use PVA glue mixed with Acrylic paint which is the mixture that I have currently gone on to use. I like this because as I've mentioned before, the glue creates a texture that easily drips and also makes bubbles, linking to the lava effect.

The other experiments use mediums watered down which as acrylic and water and some contain areas with textured materials such a the cloth used. This was just to see if I needed anymore texture or not. since this point I haven't used these materials again a I didn't feel they were necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment