Saturday 5 August 2017

My experience of the KEGS final art show


During the week of show preparation, we were cleaning up the studio and beginning to hang up pieces on the wall and display compositions. The installations of be pieces really made me start to consider how I could express my work in diverse ways such as my favorite one is hanging objects from the sealing beneath a projecting sealing lights, I think that positioning my work this way would give more a more personal feel to the audience as they would be able to really get up close and observe all angles of the composition. If I did look more into this type of installation it could persuade me to create something more three dimensional or even just to use both the front & back of my canvas. One piece that I did notice that is slightly different to the one I've mentioned but still along those lines is this one;




I love the fact that this artist has used the corner of the room because it shows they've used the space wisely and managed to create their own area which is more eye catching for audiences. They also incorporated their sketchbook into the instillation which when I flicked through, was full of several experiments that all seemed to slowly build up into the final piece presented.

Another piece of work which is by far my favourite, isn't the most exaggerated of installations but it has a really interesting background and the drawings are so intricate and accurate which I think shows lots of talent and skill, therefore I would like to portray some similar aspects with in my own work. I would also like to look in to a similar subject like this one as I think that insects are really interesting and I have drew them in my past GCSE work.



The final piece that really caught my eye goes back to my liking in hanging instillations as this one is attached by string from the ceiling. But the main reason I really love this work is because of it's interesting meaning that you have to look slightly deep in to find, this is good because it makes the audience work hard in order to understand what the artist is trying to portray. The picture doesn't show this very well but if you look closely it consists of a women laying in fields with her natural body hair enhanced and the statement above basically reinforces the importance of women's natural aspects and how they should be embraced.



Throughout the show one each out our first-year work was presented which was really lovely because we had all worked really hard on our final pieces. Although I wasn't able to attend the show, my friends went and Kindly sent me photographs, like one of mine which was positioned at a low part of the wall.

Although my interests were mainly focused on the big framed work and installation pieces I wish I had looked more closely at the sketchbooks and put my attention to the smaller compositions that were involved in the build up to the larger final piece because the process is just as important as the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment