Tuesday 6 June 2017

Installation artists including digital manipulations

Cornelia Parker, ‘Cold Dark Matter: An Exploded View’ 1991
' The term installation art is used to describe large-scale, mixed-media constructions, often designed for a specific place or for a temporary period of time.





Artist-
Cornelia Parker born 1956

Medium-
Wood, metal, plastic, ceramic, paper, textile and wire

Dimensions-
Unconfirmed: 4000 x 5000 x 5000 mm


This composition uses objects to symbolise transience and fragility, it is made of familiar domestic items that are created from the explosion. The whole space is turned into a sculptural environment due to the shadows that have been made by the presence of the damaged objects. This artist take influence from war, specifically from the British Army, as this is an exploded garden shed.


http://www.tate.org.uk/art/art-terms/i/installation-art



Cerith Wyn Evans   
Forms in space ... by light
This collection is made from almost 2km of neon lighting, which has been configured into straight lines, sweeping curves and spiralling forms, and hung from the ceiling.
OperArt [work 530] – “Forms in Space… by Light (in Time)” di ...
He has expanded his practice to incorporate sculpture, photography, film and text to communicate his influences from language and perception. He uses a wide range of illumination in his compositions which display theatrical atmospheres.


My Manipulated Photographs-




I took the photo above when I visited Leicester town during half term, I thought that the light shinning through the window was really interesting because the structure of the glass creates strong shadows. By using instagram I was able to use structure to emphasise the bold marks created on the inside of the building and this picture also provides a section of clouds in the sky which relates to two of my three artists.  

This photo is also one I took during the Leicester trip although it involves a lot more focus on the sky which I have enhanced by increasing saturation to accentuate the colour which is used mainly by Justin Gaffrey when he uses extremely bright mediums.


This photograph was originally taken in the morning so it was quite bright and a typical bright yellow colour but to ensure that a sunset type of look was created I increased pink tones as well as saturation and contrast to make the trees appear as a black shadow.

This picture was taken whilst I visited Wales as I really needed an image which was relevant to my artist Maggi Hambling therefore wave movements were most appropriate, by editing it I was able to increase structure, decrease brightness and add shadows which ensured that the waves had a rough, sharp edge to make them look storm like.


This photo was taking walking home from a pub on a sunny evening with my family and because we were walking with the sun behind us I was able to create shadows against the grass and objects.



I also have other ones that I have manipulated using materials that aren't digitally applied, such as charcoal, newspaper, fine liner and pencil. These mediums were good for defining edges that the printer hadn't focused on enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment